The best session I went to was by Eric Jennings and Kathryn Tvaruzka of UW-Eau Claire on "Quick and Dirty Library Promotions"
In today's economy, money for promotion of library services is at a premium. Find out how the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire's McIntyre Library has inexpensively changed the atmosphere and has broken stereotypes typically associated with the library and librarians through library promotions and activities.
- The "How I met my Valentine" Contest.
- Secret Post community art project.
- "Last Call" event before classes begin. Here are some videos of "Last Call".
- Give away fortune cookies to students and faculty. They recommend this place as a supplier. They are not just boring pens or bookmarks. Some of the fortunes go something like: Ask a librarian for help, get an A on your paper. Or -- You will find the love of your life on the 2nd foor, it is a history book.
- Youth and family programs. Have a summer reading program like public libraries. Invite children in for story time. The college kids will also enjoy it when the tots walk into the library.
- Getting Ready to Go Mobile: A Primer for the Uninitiated
- The Library Through Students' Eyes: Exploring Student Research Needs in the Brick and Click Space
- Making Significant Cuts to an Approval Plan without Drawing Any Blood
- Embedded Librarianship: A Briefing from the Trenches
- Carrie also grabbed the handout for Mobile Patrons: Better Services on the Go
- Getting Started with Assessment: Using the Minute Paper to Find Trends in Student Learning
- Access to Video Material in Academic Libraries